Friday, September 12, 2014

Picking up Ladies

We now have Chickens!
Bryan and I have wanted to get a few chickens since we moved to Tonasket. 
The place we live has really big coops and it sounded like a fun adventure.


A wonderful lady we go to church with has lots of chickens and said we could have some and the adventure started. 
 We brought them home and got them in the coop.

 
Then the first thing we did was give them names.....above is Mama

From left to right we have Winnie, Badonkadonk, Pepper and Snow White.




 We got the chickens home and while I was getting the food and water ready Mama made a run for it out the door. Being a "city girl" i didn't try to stop or block her i just got out of the way. Now I had a chicken out and no real idea on how to catch it. 
Plan 1: I tried to talk Brooke into catching her. Fail
Plan 2: I tried to coral her pack to the coop. Fail
Plan 3: walk up behind her and pick her up. Success
Even if it did take me like 20 min.






 About 18 hours later we had our first egg. The girls were really excited.

So far we have learned a lot about having chickens. 
They poop a lot, our dog Max will chase them, and they like to hide under the chicken coop. I am sure these chickens will bring many adventures and fun. Already its been fun. The girls and I love going out to the yard and hanging out with these ladies. Just watching them or holding one is pretty soothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for chickens!! And yay for blogging again :) I love catching up with your sweet family from afar! We still think of you guys often and miss you!